Wednesday 13 February 2013

Painting SS-Scout Tank-hunter platoon Schwimmwagen GE819 Part 1 (Flames of War FOW 15mm)

As I've been building up my SS army I saw the Painting SS-Scout Tank-hunter platoon Schwimmwagen GE819 and wanted one (even if it doesn't get a lot of battlefield use).

The four vehicles (Schwimmwagen) are quick to paint, and simple too in comparison to a tank - because there isn't as much fine detail or panelling on them.

Here they are front end on:


Here they are at the back:
Once seeing them I decided to use some two part moulding epoxy, often called "Green Stuff", to customise each one. For example on the rear of the second Schwimmwagen you can see the start of an SS infantryman's helmet above each wheel arch, and a camo net in the middle. I'm still getting to grips with using green stuff, but I think the limits of it are primarily skill based.

For painting the vehicles I'm using Vallejo Middlestone (882), with camo patches of Chocolate Brown (872) and Reflective Green (890). I've used small pieces of sponge to create the patches of the camo colours.

I'll finish this article off soon and show you the finished product.





No comments:

Post a Comment